The SVM College Library was established in 1964 with the inception of College. 58006 titles have been stacked for the access.
The Library promotes student success through the development of critical thinking and independent research skills, and advances in teaching and learning by supporting instruction and professional development.
SVM Arts, Science & Commerce College Library provides services, collections and facilities to support the educational goals of students and employees. Student Identity cards are available with bar code system to all the Students & Staff of the College. The Library selects materials in a variety of formats to support courses and programs as well as materials which are more general in nature and which support the educational goals of the College. The Library also collects material relating to the people and communities of the SVM Arts, Science & Commerce region to help preserve the local historical record. Online access too many licensed research databases, e-journals and e-books is available at our campus. Campus library has study areas, access to computer workstations, library circulation and reference services, and computer printing and photocopy services. Our library is well equipped with reference books, text books, Journals, periodicals & newspapers etc. In library we use D.D.C classification system.
- CCTV cameras are installed in all section of library as security measure.
- Monday to Friday 9.00 AM to 2.00 PM and 3.00 PM to 6.00 PM Lunch 2.0 PM to 3.00 PM
- Saturday 10.00 AM to 2.00 PM
- During Exams 9.00 AM to 8.00 PM (No lunch Break)
- To grow healthy readership at all levels,
- To disseminate knowledge on all, subjects and topics
- To collect and preserve all documents having research value and local importance,
- To provide Books for reference and research purpose,
- To promote Library Service by exhibiting books,
- To arrange popular talks, seminars and other functions having educative value,
- To offer guidance for related technical service and other library matter etc.
- Wi fi enabled building
“Strengthen and enhance the learning, teaching and research skills through trough service.”
“To develop and provide access to stored materials to meet the needs of present and future generations of students and scholars. “
|1.||Smt. Bhuvaneshwari Kumbar||Librarian||M.L.I.Sc, NET, SLET|
|2.||Smt. Renuka Giritammannavar||Assistant Librarian||MLISc|
|3.||Sri. R. N. Talageri||Technical Assistant||B.Sc.|
|4.||Smt Shobha Mullur||Supporting Staff||SSLC|
|5.||Sri Mohan L Ambiger||Supporting Staff||B.A|
|1||Principal Dr. S. S. Awati||Principal Chairman|
|2||Dr. S. B. Biradar||Co-ordinator, IQAC|
|3||Prof. Smt. G. G. Gani||Convener|
|4||Smt. Bhuvaneshwari .V. Kumbar||Librarian|
|5||Smt. Renuka G. Giritimmannavar||Assist. Librarian|
|6||Dr. Prashant. S. A||Member|
|7||Dr. Ramesh. Malagi||Member|
|8||Student General secretary –||Member|
|9||Sri R. N. Talageri||Tech. Asst.|
- Membership & Circulation
- Display of News Paper Clipping
- Bibliographic Compilation
- Information display & Notification
- Inter Library Loan
- Reference / Referral Service
- Current Awareness Service (CAS)
- OPAC (Online Public Access Cataloguing)
- CD/DVD ROM SERVICE
- Internet / Digital Resources
- Book Bank Facility
- Photo Copy & Printing Service
- Water Facility
- Question Bank
- Reference books are issued for consultation only.
- Silence shall be strictly observed. Talking and discussion are strictly prohibited.
- Identity Card is a must for library transaction.
- Losses of borrowed books have to be reported immediately in writing to the librarian and replace the same.
- Reference Books, Periodicals, MRP Work & Project reports are available for reference only.
- Books should be handled with great care, and mutilation of books in any manner will be penalized.
- Book, if recalled borrower has to be returned immediately.
- Physically Challenged students can have the service in the ground floor at Competitive Examination Coaching Centre.
- The students are not permitted to use other’s Identity – Card/s. The loss of ID card should be immediately reported to the College Library, office so that a duplicate card may be issued.
- The book with same title will not be issued to any members
- UG Students can borrow maximum 3 books
- PG students can borrow maximum 5 books
- Teaching staff can borrow maximum 10 books
- Administration staff can borrow maximum 05 books
- Due date for returning books: 15 days for students. An overdue fine shall be collected as generated in the e-Lib software. (Rs. 0.50 over due charges/day)
Reference books are issued for consultation only which are kept in Resource Access Centre.
- E-Magazines (http://yojana.gov.in/Recent_archive_Kannada_2015.asp)
- e-News Papers (Link-Enclosed: Prajavani, Udayavani, Samyukta Karnataka, Vijayavani, Kannada Prabha, Krushikranti, The Hindu, Deccon Herald, Times of India, Business Today etc. )